is all about new ways to tackle those challenging weaknesses in the gym;
Today we want to talk about some solutions for you if you have trouble with your 🅂🅀🅄🄰🅃 🄳🄴🄿🅃🄷!
For many of you, this is all review and you might have heard it all before; so this might be a reminder or you might find something listed below you haven't tried yet.
Common 🅷O🅻🅳-🆄UP🆂 preventing you from getting lower in your squat:
- tight Achilles or calves
- tight hips
- not sure how low is low enough
- no way to see if you are low enough or not
- not warmed up enough
Tips to 🆃🆁🆈-O🅽 for improving your Squats:
- 1-2 minutes rolling out the arches of your feet witch no shoes on a lacrosse ball, tennis ball, golf ball, or barbell
- spend 1-2 minutes stretching Achilles & calves before squatting
- accumulate 3-5 minutes daily holding the bottom of a squat with assistance or no assistance
- try an Olympic Wall Squat if the above is too challenging right now
- ideal squat depth is right below "parallel" - hip crease below knee crease- if you put a marble on your knee in the bottom position, the marble would roll to your hip crease
- record yourself on your phone or ask a friend or coach to record a set - what do you see for yourself?
- spend a little extra time warming up your whole body and legs. Suggestions: Banded walks, tempo squats, Wall-Sits, high-knees, Cossack Squats, running, bike, rowing.
🅈🄾🅄 🄶🄾🅃 🅃🄷🄸🅂
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 to see covered next time?
-post in the comment section below